Black clean beauty expert releases snazzy spring lip line

If it weren't for the pandemic, I was planning to mail some of these samples to a young Black friend in Pennsylvania. I didn't have postage, though, and would have had to go to the post office. She said not to bother, "your health is more important." I then had the opportunity to examine why I wanted to compare the looks of lipsticks on our different skin tones - I am a subtle olive and she a deep mocha. I recalled when, as a little girl, she was dragged all over New York visiting Sephoras with me. I would travel in from Connecticut for the occasion, apparently feeling that as her former tutor I also had an obligation to introduce her to make-up.
That decade of my life is what made me smile when this press release appeared. Philadelphia's Deidra Smith is a Black entrepreneur whose recently launched MDee Beauty is sizzling. Not only has she been promoting other Black and female entrepreneurs since 2009, but she has multiple businesses herself.
With a variety of lipsticks, from matte liquid to lip stains to lip glosses, she is offering paraben-free choices for all. I am trying three of them, and they all look striking on my lightish skin tone: "Movie Star" liquid lipstick; "Pink Baby" lip gloss; and "Hot Sauce" lipstick. P.S. Kudos for these fabulous names. Of the three, I like Hot Sauce the best - it feels delicious on the lips and the color is a subtle but clear brown glimmer. Pink Baby will work for those future board meetings I plan to attend (God help us, in person); and Movie Star is super bold. Other varieties of lipstick include "Orangeville", "Pucker" and "Grape Pop" and lip glosses named "Sizzle", "Orange Peel" and "Red Apple". What she calls her line of Skin + liquid lipsticks include "Sunshine" and "Bang". Her PR tells me this is to "reflect how women should feel while wearing them."
I am also told the lip gloss's Vitamin-E infused formula "provides intense hydration and moisture, with the addition of a rich tint of color for an extremely long-lasting shine," while the lipstick's "soft and creamy texture leaves your lips feeling moisturized and smooth with a stunning finish." Shea butter and avocado oil provide extra comfort in this natural cocktail. The liquid lipstick is infused with essential fatty acids, jacoba oil and antioxidants, among other goodies.
Smith says: “Though the market is flooded with beauty products, there was still a void. My product not only looks good, but feels good and is good for the health of your lips. With a variety of colors, textures and sheens I believe that void is now filled.”
Products are affordably priced, in the $12-$19 range.
Social:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/mdeebeauty2020/
Instagram: https://www.instragam.com/mdeebeauty
Purchase products here.

Comments