My 10 favorite eco-friendly staples (part one)

When scrolling, I recently came upon Jerry Seinfeld's GQ interview, "10 Things Jerry Seinfeld Can't Live Without". Besides recommending you view it, I suggest creating your own list. Mine has a twist-each item is eco-friendly, or lends itself to an eco-friendly choice/lifestyle.
#10 The SoapStandle.
I have written about it before, and honestly cannot live without it. When I travel, it goes too. I pick up bars of soap I like at hotels and rather than toss them, stick 'em to the Standle and throw a compostable baggie over it. You will never waste soap again - and it won't slither to the edge of the tub, either.
#9 Matter compostable garbage bags.
A recent discovery makes them no less valued. Kudos for not only being compostable but attractive and handy. I love the smooth, not sticky feel of the bag as well as the everyday ease of its pull string that loops through.
#8 Fenrici sweats
When I say I wear them every day, I mean they are my go-to yoga-cum-sweatpant choice. Doesn't it seem that most yoga or sweatpants are bulky and make the wearer look like Winnie-the-Pooh? Not so with Fenrici. Made of a 50% polyester blend, they are also environmentally friendly.
#7 Backscratcher.
Any backscratcher. I have two fluorescent scratchers from CVS, but also sport a cheap wooden one from Chinatown. You can use it forever.
#6 Jalapenos🌶
I tried growing them and am really proud that one actually popped out spring five years ago! I love this pepper because it provides maximum mouth zest for a minimal price. Add one to grilled cheese and suddenly you have a hot sandwich, not a boring standard. Nachos? Ay yay yay.
Tomorrow, part two.
Images: backscratcher: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Immanuel_Giel; sweats-used with permission, Fenrici; Soap Standle courtesy of the company.

Comments